Wellington's fan run Science Fiction and Fantasy club
The Phoenix SF club meets monthly to discuss an eclectic mix of topics that interest us, and we are always welcoming to new members or visitors.
|When:||We meet on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm.|
|Where:||You'll find us in the heart of Wellington at the Cathedral of St Paul (here's a map) in the Brian Davis Room.
From Molesworth St, turn left into Hill Street and enter the Cathedral car park about 30m up on the right. Facing the building, go to the right-hand corner of the car park and enter through the double doors that you'll now see ahead. The Brian Davis Room is ahead, up a few steps.
|Topics:||Examples are discussions (e.g. best horror films, where are our flying cars?, design a planet), talks (e.g. how NASA might colonise the moon, drone quad-copters), short stories from our writers, quiz.|
|Got a suggestion? Please tell the committee!|
Phoenixine (our magazine)
We produce an award-winning monthly magazine with stories, reviews and the musings of our members.
We also have a number of specialist groups including:
- board - come and play board/table games (e.g. Small Worlds, Dominion, Puerto Rico, Bang!, Ticket to Ride) and enjoy interesting company
- biblio - discuss a book or two at a quieter central Wellington watering hole
- writers - meet, share ideas and get feedback on your work with other Wellington writers (the group has recently published another book)
- video - enjoy science fiction and fantasy, usually not available free-to-air in NZ, with other fans
- PIG - get together, eat, drink, and enjoy each other's company.
If you'd like more information, please contact us at:
|Mail:||Phoenix Science Fiction Society Inc.|
|PO Box 13-574|
Notices to Members
If you are a member, please click here to update your contact details for 2016.